DHS BPA (IBM)
Contract Number: HSHQDC-11-A-00040
Held By: ESCgov, Inc. awards for Application Infrastructure and Security Capability Areas
Available Products: IBM Passport Advantage Software IBM PPA Appliances (e.g. PureData systems, Netezza, Data Power) IBM Security Products (e.g. ISS, Qradar) Subscription and Support / Maintenance and related consulting services
Period of Performance: 09/23/2011 to 09/22/2018
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) awarded to ESCgov a competed Enterprise Software Solutions Blanket Purchase Agreement for IBM Software products and services. The competed contract is available to all DHS components and authorized contractors.
Enterprise Software Solutions BPAs – IBM Enterprise License Agreement
Mandatory for DHS use (with exceptions): Yes
The Enterprise Software Solutions BPAs is a competitive Enterprise License Agreement established to provide software solutions and incidental services in three capability areas: Application Infrastructure, Backup and Storage, and Security. The agreement provides software licenses, software maintenance, training and consulting services within these three capability areas. This BPA was competed under GSA’s Information Technology (IT) Schedule 70.
Under this BPA, DHS components may issue orders on a Firm-Fixed Price (FFP), Time & Material (T&M) and Labor Hour (LH) basis for products and services.
Benefits of the ESS BPAs include:
- Provides software licenses and maintenance for Application Infrastructure, Backup and Storage, and Security by download or media for each order issued;
- Existing licenses and maintenance contracts from various outside vendors can be migrated under the Enterprise Software Solutions BPA;
- Existing and future maintenance contracts will be co-terminated to one-anniversary date;
- Current license upgrades and transfer of licenses within and between DHS organizations at no additional cost;
- Opportunity to negotiate additional discounts at the order level; and
- Licenses and maintenance costs will be centrally tracked under one license portal.
Period of Performance (POP): 9/23/2011 – 9/22/2018 – Note: Calls and orders issued in the final year of the BPA shall not extend 12 months after the POP of the final ordering period.
Post Award Teaming: For teaming opportunities, please contact Marisha Thoppil
Number of Awardees: 1 small business
For more information, contact: Marisha Thoppil: (703) 637-8555 ext 112